Society Formation in Pune

60 % of the Promoters are must be ready to form Co-op. Housing Society.

If flats are sold as per the Maharashtra Ownership Flats Act,1963 [MOFA] then it is the duty of the Builder / Developer to form society and hand over the Account + Documents to Provisional Working Committee [PWC] In this case the builder become CP and other flat owners become Promoters for Registration purpose. This society register under Co-operation.

When the builder is not registering society due to some reasons or not support to registered society then flat purchasers can apply for registration of Co-operative Housing Society under Non Co-operation.In this case one of the flat owner should be elected as CP for Registration purpose.In this case some more time is taken to registered society as registrar is issue notice to builder for Non Co-operation. If no response then ex-party decision are taken for registration of the society. Now all the case of Non Co-operation Registration decisions is given by District Deputy Registrar [DDR] then society is registered

All flat owner should hold meeting and elect Promoter.All power for Registrations,documentation etc. should be given to promoter.The resolution should be passed and must be sign by all flat owners who wish to become member of the Co-operative Housing Society

Appoint Consultant / Legal Advocate for registration and ask him to comply all requirements.All members together also can do work for registration.

For registration of Co-op. Hsg. Society the following documents should be filed to Dy. Registrar / Asst. Registrar Of Co-operative Department area concern in order as follow

Applications for Name to be Reserved for Proposed Society’s
Form of resolution electing a CP and Promoter and giving them authority for doing certain acts on behalf of the proposed society
Application form “A” 4 copies
Information in Annexture ” A ” ” B ” ” C ” 4 copies
Bye-Law of the Society 2 copies
Details of Accounts Annexture ” D ” 2 copies
Bank Balance Certificate in Original 1 copy in Original
Agreement of Flat 1 copy
Advocate Search Report 2 copy [Title Certificate]
Society’s Building Plan 2 copies
Lay Out Plan 2 copies
Sanction Plan from Authority 2 copies
O.C / C.C copy 2 copies
Promoter’s Guarantee in form ” X ” On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized 1 copy
Guarantee in form ” Y ” On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized 1 copy
Guarantee in form ” Z ” On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized 1 copies
7/12 or City Survey Revenue Record of Land [not more than 1 month old] 1 copy
Promoters Affidavit On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized 1 copy
Indemnity Bond On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized 1 copy
NA Certificate / ULC 2 copy
Plot area Land Map 2 copies
Registration Fee Challan for Rs.2500 1 copy original
Builder Non Co-operation form Z On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized if required 1 copy
CP Affidavit for Child Labour On Rs. 100/- Stamp paper & notarized 1copy

All this forms are available at your District Co-operative Housing Society Federation.

On submission of above document the Dy./Asst. Registrar will go through the papers And document. If found OK he will make order for issue of Registration Certificate.

If any deficiencies are found then the applicant will be inform accordingly and documents will be corrected wherever necessary. When all papers are in order, he will issue order for issue of Registration Certificate.

Registration Certificate is issued with covering letter and Officer’s name is mentioned who will attend First General Meeting. Normally the Officer concern is not attending meeting. In absence , all member has to hold meeting and has to elect Provisional Working Committee [PWC] whose working period will be ONE Year. After electing PWC the member of PWC has to submitted the M-20 bond on Rs. 100/- stamp paper with the sign of Officer’s whose name is in Covering latter to Dy./Asst. Registrar. All Rule and Regulations ,resolution and minutes which is written in AGM Register must be sign by Officer’s name is mentioned in covering letter it is the most important step.[Many society forget this which create problem latter] After First Annual General Meeting PWC is replaced with new Working Committee [WC] whose working period will be FIVE Year.The new WC election can conduct before PWC time over with proper election process. WC also has to submitted the M-20 bond on Rs. 100/- stamp paper with the sign of election officer to Dy./Asst. Registrar

When application for Name reservation of Society has given, the Dy./Asst. Registrar give instruction to Open Bank Account in Dist. Central Co-op. Bank The Account has to opened in the name of CP And deposit all money of Share Capital Contribution [per member Share Money is Rs. 50*10 = Rs. 500 i.e. 10 share of 50 rupees each] and Member ship Fees of Rs. 100/- i.e. Per member you have to deposit Rs. 600/- in bank and obtain Bank Balance Certificate and submitted it to Dy./Asst. Registrar. After First Annual General Body Meeting the Bank Account has to transfer in the name of Society.For bank Account operation Chairman sign must and either Secretary and Treasurer. Expenditure has to be made as per provision of Bye-Laws. Bank and Cash Transaction [Collection and Payment] are handled by Treasure when Billing Clerk or Accountant are not been kept.

By |July 29th, 2017|Society Formation in Pune|0 Comments

Formation / Registration of Co-operative Housing Societies in Pune

Formation / Registration of Co-operative Housing Societies

According to the Law, every Builder / Developer has to form a Housing Co-operative Society with limited options available in this regard to managing the affairs of the building i.e.

(a) Condominium
(b) Private Limited Company and
(c) Co-operative Society, (excluding the unrealistic rental housing),

It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to state that in at least 90% the Promoters and / or the Builders have formed a Housing Co-operative Society.
The basic requirements for a Co-operative Housing Society Registration normally are unknown to the flat/unit purchasers. It is the statutory obligation cast upon the builder, where the builder acts as a friend, philosopher, and guide of the promoters and helps them in forming a Co- operative Housing Society.

There are four types of Housing Co-operative Societies

(a) Open Plot type Societies [Tenant ownership]
(b) Flat Owners Societies [Tenant Co-partnership]
(c) Tenant Societies
(d) Housing Board Societies.

The procedure for Co-operative Housing Society Registration begins with electing a Chief Promoter in a meeting of the Promoters. The builder under the Flat Owners type of co-operative society has the first right to act as the chief promoter. The developer / flat purchasers should call for a meeting of the Promoters by issuing the notice under Agenda of the meeting given at least 14 days notice to the Promoters. In this meeting, a Chief Promoter is elected who can exercise such powers and carry out such functions as are mentioned in the minutes of the Promoters of the proposed Co-operative Society. After electing the Chief Promoter, the proposed name of the society has to be decided by the Promoters. Normally, the name reservation proposal should be accompanied by the signature of at least 10 Promoters who have attended the meeting. It is a common belief that the Society should consist of at least 10 members. If the number is less than 10 then special permission from Government has to be taken. In such cases, the garages/car parking may be allotted to other relatives of the promoter to reach a number of 10.

It would be of interest to note that the model bye-laws define flat as a Flat means a separate set and self-contained set of premises used or intended to be used or intended to be used for residence, or office or showroom, or shop, or godown and includes a garage, or dispensary, or consulting room, or clinic, or flour mill, the premises forming part of a building and includes an apartment. On allotment of name and permission to open a bank account by the Registrar, the Chief Promoter has to collect Share Capital, Entrance Fees from promoters and deposit the same in the branch of the bank permitted by the Registrar. It should be noted that the amount cannot be withdrawn from the Bank till the Society is Registered or its Registration is refused, except with prior written permission of the Registrar. The Chief Promoter should submit Registration Proposal to the Registering Authority within a period of 3 months from the date of issue of Letter of Reservation in the name of the proposed Society.

The documents that need to be submitted to the Registering Authorities for Housing Co-operative Society Registration are as under :

1. Application for registration of Housing Co-operative Society in Form A along with Statement A. Enclosure to application for Registration as per Rule 4(1) of Maharashtra Co-operative Societies Rules, 1961.
2. Information about proposed Housing Co-operative Society in Statement ‘B’ (vide Govt. Circular dated 2-5-1980).
3. Information about promoter members of the proposed Housing Co-operative Society in Statement ‘C’ (vide Govt. Circular dt. 2-5-1980).
4. A Statement of Accounts as per Form D.
5. Model Bye-laws.
6. Bank Balance Certificate.
7. S.B.I. / Treasury Challan for payment of Registration Fee of Rs. 2500
8. Title Clearance Certificate from an Advocate
9. A true copy of the approved Building Plan.
10. Letter of Authority Granting permission to commence construction work/Completion Certificate (if applicable).
11. Affidavit on Rs. 100/- Stamp Paper from at least 10 promoter members to the effect that they are residing in the area of operation of the Society (Proposed), made before a Competent Authority.
12. An affidavit from the Chief Promoter on Stamp Paper of Rs. 100/- executed before the Competent Authority in form ‘Y’.
13. Certified True Copy of an agreement made on Stamp paper and registered between the builder, promoter and purchasers of flat.
14. Where the promoter members are firms/ companies, a letter of authority from such firms/companies authorizing the promoter to sign on behalf of firm / company.
15. In the case of such proposed societies, names of 60% of the flat holders of the total number of flats constructed or proposed to be constructed as per the plan approved, must be included in Statement ‘A’ to be attached to the Registration Proposal. It is the duty of the Registrar to register the society and on registration of the society, it becomes a separate legal entity. Thereafter, the management of the affairs of the society is carried out by the managing committee which is elected by the general body meeting of the society. It may be of interest to note that in a co-operative society the principle is one member one vote. In a co-operative society, the right to be exercised in the general body meeting is a personal right. This is one of the reasons why even a person holding a power of attorney cannot attend the general body meeting of the society. The quantum of the capital being introduced by the member is not of much importance. Preference should be given to the formation of a private limited company if one member proposes to acquire the majority of flats in the building.

List of Documents for Deemed Conveyance as under

  • Resolution & Notice to Builder
  • Development Agreement
  • Power of Attorney
  • Layout Plan (Blueprint)
  • Commencement Certificate, if so
  • Completion Certificate, if so
  • 7/12 Extract
  • Search Title Report
  • N.A. Order & U.L.C Order
  • Single copy of an Agreement (First Buyer)
  • All Index- II of all flats/shops
  • Architect Certificate of Area

Professional Charges & Expenses For Society Formation

  • 1. 10 to 25 Flats – Rs.3,500/-per flat + Rs.20,000/- (Advocate Fee)
  • 2. 26 to 50 Flats – Rs.3,500/-per flat
  • 3. 51 to 100 Flats – Rs.3,000/-per flat
  • 4. 101 to 200 Flats – Rs.2,500/-per flat
  • 5. Above 200 Flats – Rs.2,000/-per flat

For More information please contact us:
Consultants for Housing Co-operative Society Registration in Pune / Housing Co-operative Society Formation in Pune
Ved Legal
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
Mobile: +91 9763040088