The following documents are required to be produced in original along with two self attested copies by the PAPs.
- Proof of identity(voter card/pan card/passport/driving license)
- Proof of address indicating residence in India exceeding 365 days
- Marriage Certificate
- Family Photograph
- Health certificate by a registered medical practitioner certifying that the PAPs are not suffering from any contagious or terminal disease or any such mental or physical condition which may prevent them from taking care of the child.
- Three recent postcard sized photographs of the adoptive family.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons who know the family well. Such recommendations should not be from immediate relatives of either spouse.
- If the PAPs are self-employed, IT statement for the last three years and if they are employed, Income Certificate from the employer also indicating the date of superannuation.
- Financial statement including copies of bank statement for the last six months, details of movable and immovable property owned by the family and details of loans taken by the PAPs.
- Written consent of the biological and/or adopted child/children and if they are above 7 years of age.
- Adoption decree, if the couple have adopted child/children earlier.
- Divorce/legal separation decree in case of single PAP if applicable.
- Letter from close relative of single PAP stating that in the event of any unforeseen circumstance, the relative would take care of the child.
(the documents required are described in the Schedule 8 of the Guidelines Governing Adoption of Children, 2015.)